This involves organising the qualitative data into specific themes that were pre-identified by the existing theory. This allows the researcher to summarise the data gathered into distinct categories. A similar process can be followed where there is no pre-existing theory and, instead, the themes or categories emerge from the data from the bottom-up. Either way, the analysis follows a similar series of stages.
As you read the text, make notes of any ideas that occur to you. You could highlight these using different colours.
A report is then written up whereby the researcher will need to present a case for each theme and provide some supporting quotations from the text. One way of converting qualitative data into quantitative data is through a content analysis. Content Analysis Content analysis is a method of qualitative data analysis that involves rating or coding and categorising qualitative data.
The Procedure of Content Analysis 1 A sample of materials are gathered e.
Actions and Detail Panel
Thematic Analysis This involves taking a body of text qualitative data such as a transcript of an interview or an observational record to analyse an existing theory, explanation or hypothesis from the top-down. Stages in Thematic Analysis 1 Transcribe the data if you need to, number each line and read the text through several times until you know it well.
- Innovative Statistical Methods for Public Health Data.
- Qualitative Psychology | SAGE Publications Ltd;
- Pooch Café: All Dogs Naturally Know How to Swim.
- Security for Object-Oriented Systems: Proceedings of the OOPSLA-93 Conference Workshop on Security for Object-Oriented Systems, Washington DC, USA, 26 September 1993.
- Creating Context in Andean Cultures (Oxford Studies in Anthropological Linguistics).
- Qualitative Research vs Quantitative Research;
Share this: Twitter Facebook. Like this: Like Loading Read more Read less. Refunds up to 30 days before event. Map and Directions View Map.
View Details. Follow this organizer to stay informed on future events Profs.
Applied Qualitative Research in Psychology
Events you might like:. Share this event. Celebratory Weekend.
- Physics Reports vol.340.
- What can qualitative psychology contribute to psychological knowledge?.
- Qualitative Psychology?
- Knowledge and understanding.
- Violin Duet No. 8 in E-flat Major from Twelve Easy Duets, Op. 10 (Violin 1 Part);
Save This Event Log in or sign up for Eventbrite to save events you're interested in. Sign Up. Already have an account?doorsfitspacomlink.ml
Log in. Event Saved. Your message has been sent! Your email will only be seen by the event organizer.
Find in a library : Qualitative psychology : a practical guide to research methods
Your Name. Email Address. Enter the code as shown below:. Send message Please wait Copy Event URL.